Mountain Biking - Adventure - Development
".. I’d highly recommend Real World Riding to anyone looking to having an awesome time on the bike "
About Real world riding
Real World Riding is a Mountain Bike Coaching and Guiding service. Our ethos is based on years of development training:
"Many of us have already got the next level of skill inside us; we just haven't developed the confidence to let it out yet."
We're based in Central Scotland, a fantastic place to be as a rider as our Mountainbiking in Scotland article spells out.
what you'll find here
While the professional Guiding and Coaching available is our primary focus, you'll find under the 'Articles' section a range of articles supporting riders of all abilities as well as aspiring leaders too.
We aim to enthuse and inspire as well as develop riders and organisations
Who Are We?
real world guiding & Coaching
Real World Riding offers British Cycling Qualified and experienced guiding, and instruction, and technical advice to take you to the next level or just take you on a great journey.
A range of courses are available for developing your skillset, head for the Guiding and Coaching pages to find out more.
We offer pro guiding and coaching throughout the year. Here's some examples of the type of 'stuff' we do:
Small groups, fantastic routes, and well looked after - "just enjoy the riding"
We publish short films of the work of Real World Riding on the Facebook page, check it out from here, and sign up to be kept in the loop with the latest courses dates and info as we publish.
Local (Central Scotland) Summer Evening programme:
These dates are all run through the facebook page - you need to book as there are only 5 places per session: There are open sessions, so just check facebook and turn up (with your paperwork ideally) and courses which you would ideally have booked in advance although you can dip into.
Paperwork link can be found at the bottom of the pro pages
Big Days Out and Trips - All Across Scotland:
- Saturday 18th – Glen Kinglass (free season starter - £5 for bike transport) - 2 free spots remaining - It was Awesome!
- Sunday 26th May – Fundamental Skills coaching - £50 each - full day coaching at Canada Wood (Falkirk) up to 8 riders
- Sunday 2nd – Guided ride – Ben Lawers and Stob Glas – 4 riders £55 each
- Wednesday 5th – Jump Day, Glentress – 6 riders £60 each - Places going fast
- Friday 14th – Sunday 16th June – Torridon and North West – 5 riders, guide only £130 each (more info on the facebook event)
- Thursday 20th – Ben Macdui – 4 places £60 each
- Saturday 6th – Burnside big day out – 5 places £50 each
- Sunday 7th – Cairngorm Big Day out – 5 places £50 each (combine 6&7 for £90)
- Sunday 14th – Lakes Epic – 5 places - £50 each - Watch the video on youtube - places going
- Saturday 20th – Guided skills development ride – red - Ballater (Green mile and/or Heartbreak Ridge) 5 places £50 each - places going
- Saturday 3rd – Kinlochleven Enduro routes – Guided Red/black – 4 people £55 each•
- Saturday 10th – tbc - Get in touch - Could be Ben Macdui or Glen Tilt Loop
- Sunday 11th – Thieves Road – epic XC and Hike-a- bike off the Tweed Valley – 6 people £35 each•
- Friday 30th – Monday 2nd – West Highland Way 6 people guiding and support accommodation and transport £200 plus food - Bookings being taken
Private Coaching & Guiding - Please enquire
Some limited transport may be available on many of these trips and days out - starting in Alloa - Get in touch.
For More information or to book - please use the contact-us page
More information on all of these events will be on the facebook page (events)
More information on these events can be found in the Professional Pages (just click on one of the links on this page) as well as kit lists etc. An information sheet will be given nearer the date for the Big Days Out.
Real World Riding Articles
Follow the link to find articles on all aspects of riding from finding out about Enduro racing to selecting your first bike and even psychology for the rider
Give the Gift of Mountain Biking
Give a voucher for a coaching session or a guided ride - various values available, as well as whole day experiences for one or two people
In partnership with Metro Outdoors we've now launched the youth development coaching sessions - currently bespoke coaching for young racers in support of their progression along the British Cycling performance pathway
Open evenings, a 3 evening improvers course and some big days out are launched on the site and on facebook. On Youtube we've published several videos from recent travels to Wales, Canada, and the Scottish Highlands too
Spring Open Courses are launched with dates in March, April and May, showcasing the new coached course syllabus as well as the new Navigation Skills day and Trailside repair session
What's in the bag? Article is published - delve into the deeper recesses of that giant bag carried by a leader, and maybe consider if there's anything there for you to think about
We only keep the last 4 items of news on the front page, so follow the links in the menu at the top to read more articles, watch more films, catch up on the latest reviews, check out the latest from Real World Racing, or find out about training or guiding.
If you'd like to contact RWR for any reason, please click here